FREE to ALL who enrol - 3 Minute Motivators, The Revised and Expanded Edition!
A 160-page publication that is solidly jam-packed with more than 200 ways to reach, teach, and achieve more than you ever imagined, helping you recognise and respond to the daily needs of your students, and distract, refocus, and provide a “hit of fun” in the momentum of the busy school day.
It’s above all a practical book to accompany you and every other teacher through the 2018 / 2019 school year, providing novel ways to inspire students, as well as to build and practice important life skills.
“We can restore our attention or bring it to a new level by dramatically slowing down whatever is being done” - Sharon Salzberg, Real happiness: The Power of Meditation
What is a 3-Minute Motivator? A 3-minute motivator is a quick diversion from the task at hand that helps students eliminate less than productive behaviours and refocus attention back on the lesson. Students themselves quickly come to appreciate these activities. In addition, all 3-minute motivators involve some element of learning in areas including, but not limited to memory enhancement, creativity, social awareness, personal stress management, mathematical awareness, communication and wellness.
Why use 3-Minute Motivators?
- To give students a positive break
- To give teacher a positive break too! – you need that break sometimes and these speedy, easy to use activities help when you feel you are possibly losing ground
- To refocus flagging attention
- To remove excess energy
- To wake up lethargic minds
- To introduce a lesson; most of the activities can have an anticipatory set function
- To reward attention, work and good behaviour – they are fun, after all!
- To keep a lesson moving quickly and constructively
We are thrilled to be able to bring this publication to our teachers this summer and remember: always use these 200+ motivators with passion, enthusiasm and a sense of humour, and enjoy the positive benefits they bring to your classroom next year.
Return to home page to enrol on a course, and welcome to CPD College 2018!